Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sewing drapery panels together?

Have any of you ever sewn pleated drapery panels together? I had to buy 4 (FLORAL) panels to fit my big double window and I need to sew 2 together for each side. My question is: Should I try to completely open the seams on the the side of the panel, then sew them together or just stitch them with the seams left intact? I'm not sure how they will look because I will have sheer curtains behind them. Also how hard is it to seem together the pleats at the top and make them look like they are all one piece of fabric? I'm new to sewing and fell in love with these curtains when I saw them. I hoping with some help I can tackle this project. Thank You for any suggestions.

Sewing drapery panels together?
This might be worth having a seamstress do it.



To do it right you need to open the top and pull the side hems, then match them, sew them, press them out to look professional, then re hem the bottom and the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment