Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is having wenge fitted wardrobes, bedside units & tallboy drawers gonna be to dark?

I was thinking of getting a large full length mirror (in between the fitted wardrobes in the alcoves) to bring in light %26amp; maybe having floral patterned glass on the drawer fronts or on bedside units?

What colour should I paint on the walls?

Any interior advice would be appreciated!

I do not intend to change (or cannot afford!) this look so need to ensure i get it right now...

Is having wenge fitted wardrobes, bedside units %26amp; tallboy drawers gonna be to dark?
Well, it does depend on the size of your room. The wenge can make a good statement if you're careful about it.



If your room is small, I would go for completely white walls to keep things fresh. If you prefer colours, go for either very light pink or blue shades. But I would prefer to go white and then introduce colour in the bedding and art on the walls, etc.



A mirror between the two wardrobes is a good idea. I'd keep the wardrobes plain and probably the other furniture too. Wenge is already quite busy because you can see the 'grain' - it's not a block colour like white.



As long as you keep the walls white or pale, and any accessories bright, with good lighting, you can create a good contrast between your colour scheme and the wenge furniture.



I'm moving into a loft apartment soon and I'm planning on getting a bit of wenge furniture - but I'll be keeping the walls bright white!



xx Emmie


No comments:

Post a Comment